Credits:

DesignedbyLara.com

Friday, March 26, 2010

Review of Hearts Awakening by Delia Parr

Hearts Awakening is the first book I've read by Delia Parr, but I will definitely be looking for more by her. This was a sweet story and a very enjoyable read. I don't always enjoy reading historical romances, but Parr's characters are irresistable, and the setting is exquisite. It will be a satisfying read for fans of Christian historical romance.

When Ellie needs a job, her family sends her to Jackson Smith, a father of two who, it turns out needs much than a housekeeper. He needs a mother for his two boys. Ellie is humiliated when asked to enter a marriage of convenience, but what option does she have? Then, the rumors begin circulating about Jackson's first wife...

One thing I really enjoyed about the story was watching Ellie's relationship with Jackson's two boys develop. Those moments were so touching and honest, and my heart just went out to those two little boys. The unique setting, a beautiful apple orchard on an island also really made this story stand out from other historical fiction novels I've read.

Would you like to win your own copy of Hearts Awakening? I'm giving away my review copy – my bookshelf is getting too full!

To Enter: Please leave a comment below and tell me: Who is your favorite historical romance author? (I'm looking for some new books to read!) If you don't know of any, that's OK. You can still leave a comment and I'll put your name in the draw.

I'll pick the winner next Thursday, April 1. Oh yeah, you must live in Canada or the U.S. to win. :-)

Denise

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

Karla Meachem said...

This sounds like a really great read! Thanks for sharing your review.

I haven't read much fiction; but think I will have to pick up some summer reads!

p.s. - can't believe no one entered your contest!